Race Management Guidelines
IODA Principal Race Officer
A member of Regatta Committee appointed by IODA for Optimist World and Continental championship. Before the event help organisers to fix any kind of issue relative to race management. During the event, work in close proximity with the local officer to ensure that decisions taken on race management procedures follow the same criteria in all events.
The local Race Officer will be responsible for managing the race management team and organising the races. The Race Officer will not take action in relation to any of the following matters (whether or not altered by the sailing instructions) without approval of the IODA PRO:
- Postponement (rule 27.3)
- Course configuration and duration
- Whether a starting line be moved or adjusted (rule 27.2)
- Starting line decisions (OCS and recalls (rule 29), starting penalties (I, U, Z, Black flag, rule 30)).
- Changing course/ moving marks – adjusting the course to a new wind strength or direction (rule 30)
- Shortening the course (rule 32)
- Abandoning (rules 27.3, 32 and 35)
IODA Course Representative
Present only at World Championships in addition to IODA PRO. At the World Championship IODA PRO and IODA CR will split IODA PRO responsibilities as suits their skills.