2019 AGM Summary - Elections & IODA Events
The 2019 IODA Annual General Meeting was held at the St. James's Club, in Antigua on Saturday, July 13, 2019.
Kevin Whitcraft (THA) was re-elected as IODA President for another two-year term. Carmen Casco (SUI) was also re-elected as VP Europe for the same period.
Also elected for another two-year term were Olive Parker (IRL) and Alberto Pindozzi ( ITA) to the Technical Committee and Ricardo Navarro IRO, ITO (BRA) and Andres Perez IJ (ESP) to the Regatta Committee.
The following IODA Championships were selected in 2021:
- World Championships, Bodrum, TUR - July 4th to 14th
- European Championship, El Puerto de Santa Maria, ESP - June 20 to 27th
- European Team Racing Championship, Lago di Ledro, ITA, last week of August.
- South American Championship, Rio de Janeiro, BRA - March 27 to April 3th
- North American Championship, Riviera Nayarit, MEX - May 29 - June 5th
- African Championship, Dar Es Salaam, TAN - July 31 to August 7th
- Asian & Oceanian Championship, Pattaya, THA - Oct 16 to 23th
Other AGM items included annual reports by the President and each Vice President as well as the Chairs of the Technical Committee and Regatta Committee on the activities of the past year.
The 2018 Audited Statements were approved as well as the confirmation that the Subscription Dues and Plaque Fees, would remain the same for 2020.
However, it was approved to increase the Sail Label Fee from $10 UDS to $15 USD effective August 1. 2019.
Twenty-one Executive Committee Proposals were approved, most of which were housekeeping items in terms of the Championship Conditions and Articles of Association. Five Class Rule changes were approved.
Riva Del Garda was confirmed as the host of the 2020 Optimist World Championships, taking place July 1st to 11th, as well as the following 2020 IODA Continental Championships:
- European Championship – Tallinn, EST - June 22 to 29th
- European Team Racing Championship, Lago di Ledro, ITA, August 18 to 23rd
- South American Championship, Mar del Plata, ARG - March 21 to 28th
- North American Championship, Cancun, MEX - May 29th to June 5th
- African Championship, Hammamet, TUN - September 6 to 13th
- Asian & Oceanian Championship, Trincomalee, SRI - TBC
The Annual General Meeting is the highest authority in IODA. We wish to thank the many Members who attended the AGM this year as well as those who could not and who gave their proxy to another Member to vote on your behalf.